In this section you will find all detailed information about the Basileus V project and its opportunities.
- Start date of Basileus V: 15 July 2013
- Start of the mobilities: September 2014
- Last possible start of mobility for students: 31 December 2014 (except for PhD 34 months: 15 September 2014 is their latest starting date!)
- Last possible start of mobility for staff: 14 June 2017
- Project end date: 14 July 2017
- Please read all the information on the website very carefully before you apply.
- Define to which target group you belong.
- Decide for which level and what field of study you want to apply.
- Decide whether you want to be a degree student or an exchange student. We would like to point out however that the majority of scholarships is for exchange students.
- We recommend all applicants to read the FAQ and all sections of this website before applying.
Difference between an exchange and a degree student
An exchange student is a student (officially registered in a university or other institution for higher education) who temporarily lives in a foreign country and attends courses or is involved in other academic activities. The exchange period lasts minimum 1 semester (30 ECTS) and maximum 1 academic year (60 ECTS). The exchange student does NOT get a diploma from the host university. However, all academic results will be sent to his/her home university. The student pays tuition fee at his home university, not at the host university. Exchange students need the approval of their home and host university, they need to present a learning agreement signed by both universities, which is a guarantee for academic recognition of those courses afterwards.
A degree student registers at the university abroad and is no longer a student from the university at home. He or she pays tuition fee at the host university (covered by the project) and will obtain a diploma from the university abroad. Students applying to a foreign university will need to comply with the local admission requirements.
- No student can benefit from a second scholarship for the same type of mobility (BA-MA-PhD-postdoc) under another project of the Erasmus Mundus Action 2 programme. This rule does not apply to staff. Furthermore, candidates cannot benefit from more than one mobility activity within the same project.
- To be eligible for a scholarship Western Balkan students must have not resided nor carried out their main activity (study, work, etc) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the European countries. This rule does not apply to staff members or to TG3 candidates.